Job Title: CAD Design Technician
Place: Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate, North Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Mon – Thurs, 8:00am to 4:00pm Friday
Rate of Pay: Negotiable depending upon experience
Due to continued growth, AIS Technical are seeking a CAD Design Technician to join our busy dedicated team to plan production of our innovative manufactured product range as well as streamline purchasing and monitor performance within our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in North Shields, Tyne & Wear.
The CAD Design Technician will have responsibility for the design of our innovative technical insulation and passive fire protection ranges using a range of software and CAD systems. This role requires a determined, professional individual who can adjust to various tasks within the business operations to ensure design of products for a very busy manufacturing facility with multiple product lines and a range of different automated manufacturing techniques.
You will be a conscientious and hardworking individual, able to work well as part of a team where everybody’s contribution is essential to our success.
- Understanding client requirements and working to tight deadlines
- Design of technical insulation systems to suit various shapes and sizes of equipment
- Understanding project requirements and designing systems to suit
- Design of products using a number of CAD packaged from Autodesk as well as in house adapted software
- Ability to produce general arrangement drawings and installation diagrams
- Understanding of insulation or passive fire protection systems would be an advantage
- Creation of 2D and 3D drawings
Skills, Knowledge And Experience Required:
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual
- Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
Our ambitions for you in the future:
Our determined and professional approach will map the path that will enable you to progress your career significantly in the future within AIS Technical. Our vision is to develop the skills that will help you to fully understand all aspects of our business.
Ultimately, if you work hard and have a passion for our business and a will to succeed you will be given the opportunity to grow with the business as a person and a valued team member.